Drug and Alcohol Rehab Near Longwood, FL
By The Orlando Recovery Center
Editor Theresa Valenzky
Last Updated: January 8, 2024
Orlando Recovery Center is a Florida rehab center offering a continuum-of-care approach to drug and alcohol addiction. Our addiction specialists lead each treatment plan, which is highly tailored to personal needs, including treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders.
Getting Help for Addiction in Longwood, FL
Addiction to drugs or alcohol is a chronic disease that may only worsen if you don’t get proper treatment. Not all treatment programs are equal in effectiveness or have a basis in evidence and research. When choosing a treatment center, you want one that relies on the most updated scientific understanding of addiction and the underlying factors that contribute. A holistic approach is also critical, meaning that your needs as a whole person are addressed.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Longwood, FL
Over the past few years, the overdose death rates in Florida have increased after a brief period of decline. For example:
- There were 8,093 deadly overdoses in the state in 2021.
- Emergency service providers responded to nearly 105,500 overdoses in 2022.
- Naloxone was administered more than 51,750 times in 2022.
- There were more than 68,560 drug arrests in 2020.
Treatment Programs at Orlando Recovery Center
Orlando Recovery Center offers personalized treatment plans for each person with a continuum of care approach. In a continuum of care, you might start with a higher, more intensive treatment level that requires you to stay on-site. As you’re ready and progress in your treatment, you might move into levels of care that give you more freedom and accountability. Treatment programs at Orlando Recovery Center include:
- Medical detox includes 24/7 supervision, a safe environment and medical care to go through withdrawal as comfortably as possible.
- Inpatient treatment is residential, so you live on-site during this part of your rehab program. This is the most intensive level of care aside from a medical detox.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) are a step down from inpatient rehab but with more free time and independence. You still live on-site during a PHP at Orlando Recovery Center.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) are often transitional between inpatient and outpatient rehab, but milder addictions may be the first step of treatment.
- Dual diagnosis programs at Orlando Recovery Center treat underlying mental health and substance use disorders.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) integrates the use of FDA-approved medicines to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings for drugs or alcohol.
Paying For Rehab in Longwood, FL
The cost of rehab is an investment in your future and will very likely save your life or the life of your loved one. Because of the Affordable Care Act, most private and public insurance plans will cover much of the rehab costs once your out-of-pocket obligations are met. You can contact our Recovery Advocates to learn more about the insurance we accept and to verify coverage. We can also explore other flexible payment options with you if needed.
Traveling to Our Facility
Orlando Recovery Center is on a quiet, spacious property outside downtown Orlando. We’re just a few minutes by car from the Orlando International Airport, and our Recovery Advocates can arrange transportation. Our treatment center is just about 30 minutes by car from Longwood.
About Our Facility
Orlando Recovery Center is an accredited rehab facility with physician-led treatment programs for addiction and co-occurring psychiatric conditions. Our 93-bed facility is tranquil, with clean and well-appointed rooms and many amenities for recreation and to help you form healthy habits and hobbies that you will use as part of your recovery tools. The healing amenities at Orlando Recovery Center include:
- Fully-equipped gym
- Volleyball court
- Half basketball court
- Recreation room
- Video games
- Art activities
- Yoga therapy
Why Choose Orlando Recovery Center?
At Orlando Recovery Center, we believe anyone can recover with the appropriate treatment. A qualified physician leads our staff of passionate addiction treatment experts. We believe you and your treatment needs are unique, and we’re guided by leading-edge addiction research and a sense of human connection and compassion.
We are part of Advanced Recovery Systems, one of the country’s most respected names in addiction treatment. We have helped tens of thousands of people and their families experience the impact of treatment and recovery.
If you’re ready for the next step or have questions and would like to learn more, our Recovery Advocates are available and can help.
Ready To Start Your Recovery?
Our Recovery Advocates are here to answer any questions, verify your insurance benefits, and find the best treatment path that fits your needs.
Florida Department of Public Health. “Substance Use Dashboard.” Accessed May 10, 2023.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA). “Information About Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT).” May 10, 2023. Accessed May 10, 2023.