Marijuana Addiction Treatment & Rehab in Orlando
Last Updated: September 22, 2023
If you are in an immediate emergency, call 911. If you are looking for more information on substance abuse treatment and it is not a medical emergency, call our 24/7 Marijuana Helpline at 844-584-4185.
Marijuana use disorder is a growing issue in the United States and remains largely untreated. Over six million people are estimated to have had a marijuana use disorder in 2016. There are many treatment options available to those trying to treat their addiction. Understanding the warning signs and complications of marijuana addiction is an essential first step in identifying which treatment will benefit you or a loved one with a marijuana use disorder.
Marijuana Addiction Symptoms
Continued marijuana abuse can lead to both mental and physical health complications. Marijuana abuse can also lead to complications at school, work and personal relationships. Some signs and symptoms of marijuana addiction include:
- Using marijuana in larger amounts or for longer than intended
- An inability to cut down or control marijuana use
- Constantly looking for ways to get more marijuana
- Craving marijuana
- Failing to fulfill obligations at work, school or home
- Continuing use despite persistent or recurrent social or interpersonal problems caused or worsened by marijuana
- Abandoning or reducing important social, occupational or recreational activities because of marijuana use
- Using cannabis in dangerous situations
- Continuing use despite knowing of negative physical or psychological effects
- Using increased amounts of marijuana to achieve the same high
- Withdrawal symptoms that occur when stopping marijuana
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, marijuana addiction treatment may be right for you.
Should You Go To Rehab For Marijuana Addiction?
Marijuana addiction should be treated like any other addiction that is diagnosed. The abuse and dependency of marijuana were combined in the DSM-5 into a diagnosis of marijuana addiction, including the behavioral disorder that can occur with chronic marijuana use. Seeking treatment for marijuana addiction can help someone recover from their marijuana use disorder.
Marijuana may have harmful long- and short-term effects, ranging from paranoia and memory loss to disrupting a person’s life and relationships. Marijuana addiction has many treatment options available to those looking for help.
Marijuana Addiction Treatment Options
Inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment may include interventions such as group and individual therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and healing activities like yoga, meditation, exercise, recreational therapy and more. The level of care needed will depend on the severity of the marijuana addiction and the type of treatment available to the individual. Different levels of treatment can include:
- Medical detox
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Partial Hospitalization
- Intensive Outpatient
Inpatient Marijuana Rehab
Inpatient rehab is a higher and more intensive level of treatment and care. During inpatient marijuana rehab, patients check into a treatment facility that provides round-the-clock medical care and therapeutic interventions. Inpatient treatment can include:
- 24-hour monitoring
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Individualized medication management
- Recreational therapy
- Nutrition support
Outpatient Marijuana Rehab
Outpatient marijuana treatment occurs on a less formal and less structured basis. Outpatient rehab might last for weeks or months, depending on the individual situation. Someone participating in outpatient marijuana treatment can continue living at home and going to school or work. Outpatient treatment keeps patients accountable for their continued growth and sobriety. Programs in outpatient treatment can include:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group counseling
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Recovery groups
- Family therapy
- Complementary therapies
How Much Does Marijuana Rehab Cost?
Factors that can determine the cost of marijuana rehab include:
- Level of treatment
- Length of treatment
- In- and out-of-network benefits
On average, the cost of treatment can range from $2,000 to $10,000 or more. The cost of avoiding treatment, such as loss of employment, medical expenses and legal costs, can often exceed the cost of treatment.
Does Insurance Cover Marijuana Addiction Treatment and Rehab?
Insurance companies may cover all or a portion of rehab. Contacting your insurance company is the best way to determine what is covered for marijuana addiction treatment. You can also work with the admissions department of the facility, like the one at Orlando Recovery Center, to determine what coverage you have and what the potential cost will be for your treatment.
Marijuana Addiction Treatment Centers in Orlando, Florida
Those considering treatment for themselves or a loved one should choose a professional facility that offers:
- Accreditation from a nationally recognized organization, like The Joint Commission
- A multidisciplinary team of licensed, experienced professionals
- A full continuum of care, ranging from detox to aftercare
- Evidence-based approaches to treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
- A comfortable, supportive environment that fosters healing
- Amenities that support the recovery process
Orlando Recovery Center uses evidence-based treatment to help those struggling with marijuana use and addiction, including:
- Safe, medically assisted detox
- Individual and group therapy
- Family and couples counseling
- Life skills training
- Nutritional counseling and dietary planning
- Fitness therapy
- Case management
Orlando Recovery Center is led by a multidisciplinary staff of doctors, psychiatrists, mental health professionals, nurses and trained addiction experts. We also offer the Weekly Recovery Compass program, which helps identify and address potential setbacks in real time by monitoring symptoms like anxiety, depression, sleep quality and substance cravings.
Depending on the necessary level of care, patients at Orlando Recovery Center also have access to amenities like:
- Swimming pool
- Fully equipped exercise gym
- Basketball courts
- Sand volleyball court
- Yoga, art and life-skills therapy options
- Lakefront views
Marijuana addiction recovery is possible. If you or someone you love wants to start treatment for marijuana addiction, Orlando Recovery Center can help. Contact us today to learn more about treatment programs that can work well for your recovery needs.
Yale Medicine. “Cannabis/Marijuana Use Disorder.” 2021. Accessed January 24, 2022.
Patel, J; Marwaha, R. “Cannabis Use Disorder.” StatPearls, July 12, 2021. Accessed January 24, 2022.
French, MT; Popovici, I; et al. “The Economic Costs of Substance Abuse Tr[…]t and Reimbursement.” Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, February 21, 2008. Accessed January 22, 2022.
National Institute of Health (NIH). “Marijuana use disorder is common and often untreated.” March 4, 2016. Accessed January 24, 2022.